CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Memories in Camp

Hey young people!

Are you looking forward to the 365 youth camp? Yes, I’m sure you are, because Youth Camp is just four months away! I have to admit, eventhough I’ve been to a few 365 youth camps, there hasn't been a "Best Camp Experience" for me. There really isn't a more memorable one than the other.

Youth Camp is always my most memorable 365 event of the year. There are so many stories that I can go on and on just to share with you - from the games to the banquet night to the dorm moments and to the sessions by the camp speaker. Oh, I’ve so much to tell!


Do you still remember last year’s games? I think one of the games was called the "Bucket Game" (the one in which you place your finger on the bucket and spin 10 times around it and then proceed to run back to our line, remember?) Don’t tell me you didn’t enjoy this game - I loved this game so much despite not being able to play it as a committee member. It was quite entertaining for us, though. Haha!

And I love last year’s Banquet Night too!

Why? ‘Cause I love the decorations, the two emcees, oh, and the outfits! Everyone looked so beautiful and handsome that night. Banquet Night is always my all-time favourite, because this is my only chance to dress up throughout the whole 4 days 3 nights camp.

Besides having fun, dressing up and spending time with good friends, there are also great encounters with God that are worth sharing.

I can still remember a very simple question asked by the camp speaker last year, “Is God enough for you?” It might just be a simple question, but it has indeed spoken to me in a profound way. I still remember how the altar call sessions were so spirit-filled - heads were bowed and hands were raised up high in worship, songs of praise were sung and God’s presence was so strong. Wow, it was so great to see people’s lives changed.
So yes, Youth Camp is approaching! Let’s believe that God will make a difference in our lives.

Melissa

0 comments: